By: East-Africanist Team. December 14, 2018. Ethiopia – Eritrea war ended when the countries’ two leaders, PM. Abiy Ahmed and President Isaias Afeworki signed a peace deal back in July 2018. However, the question of...Read More
Author: Vivian Amuna (For African Arguments) “That people in my refugee settlement would fight to the death for a seat to watch a football match is not normal. But there is hope” South Sudanese refugees arriving in...Read More
Alan Boswell (A researcher on South Sudan’s conflict) 14 December 2018 On the night of 15 December, 2013, shots rang out on the edge of South Sudan’s capital where the elite presidential guard slept. Juba was already a...Read More
By Martin Plaut, for The Conversation. Migrants arriving on the island of Lampedusa, southern Italy in April 2011. EPA/Ettore Ferrari Early in 2019 the Eritrean government will take over the chair of the key Africa and European...Read More
Authors: Stig Jarle Hansen and Yeshitila Wondemeneh Bekele Positive headlines about Ethiopia have been frequent since the country’s new Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed took over in early April. One of the biggest steps he’s taken has...Read More
- Armed Conflict and War Crimes in Ethiopia’s Amhara Region
- Is Abiy Ahmed’s Economic Policy Leading Ethiopia Towards Prosperity or Poverty?
- Why European Union’s decision to release long held economic aid to Ethiopia’s rogue regime is wrong?
- Abiy Ahmed’s incompetence and his zero-sum approach to governance
- How Abiy’s Tyranny, Failed Leadership, and the Persecution of Amharas Caused the Latest War in Ethiopia?